Sunday, January 16, 2011

Student Teaching!

Well, I am two weeks down of my first block of student teaching! Five weeks left and then I'm off to New Zealand!  For about the past hour I have been looking at pictures and regularities of New Zealand, and needless to say, I am SUPER excited:)  I will be teaching there for 7 weeks and touring for 1 1/2 weeks.  I am nervous to be on my own, but mostly anxious and excited!  I am in a kindergarten class right now and I am loving every second of it!  Every day I have one of my kindergartners say something quite clever and just plain funny.  However the last couple of days I have had two little boys say something quite funny to me.  We were talking about teen numbers and the turns to me and asks, "Hey Miss Chelsea, are you a teenager or a Mom?"  I answered saying that I was neither, and he looked at me in a confused way and then asks, "then what are you?"  I just said that I was somewhere in between and I was a college student.  He just was like, "ok!"  and then we went on with the lesson.  Then the next day, at centers, a little girl told someone that I was the teacher, and someone else says..."NO....she is a STUDENT teacher."  and then this little boy sitting right next to me corrects them all by looking at me and saying, "no, she is somewhere in between a teenager and......hmm....a woman.  Right?"  I had to stifle my laughter and just say, "something like that...."  Oh the life of teaching.  I do love what I do!  I just can't wait to have my OWN classroom.  I am looking forward to graduating May of 2011!  I wish I could put pictures on here, but I am without any of my pictures!  all of my pictures are on my laptop and my laptop is getting fixed at the moment.  But for sure when I go to New Zealand I will be putting lots of pictures up here!

2 comments:

  1. atta boy buddy. I'm gonna need you to actually follow through on this one. Remember I'm living vicariously through you, so I'm going to need a pretty in depth depiction of your trip. Gracias. oh, and some stellar souvenirs would be nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I am mostly happy about at this point is that someone actually read my blog! Ha! nice. Then of course I will keep this dang thing updated. and a souvenir? of course.

    ReplyDelete