Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bad news.

Well normally all of you avid blog readers would be reading this post and I would tell you how excited I was that I was leaving the country tomorrow!  However, This is no longer the case.   Let me give you all the "low-down". Last weekend, Friday, Feb 11, I had to leave my kindergarten class because I was not feeling well.  I went to the doctors and the doctor ran some blood tests, which all came back very clean.  On Sunday, Feb 13, I got a pretty bad fever and decided I needed to go in tomorrow to the doctors.  I went to a different doctor, and he ran some more blood work on me to see if I had Mono.  And it came back positive.  What the heck!?  So I had to call a bunch of people in my program to let them know of my situation and how I was going to make up the school I was about to miss.  They all agreed that I needed to miss the last week of student teaching so I could be better for New Zealand.  I could barely move all week because I was so sick.  My sister and brother did a lot for me.  Made me meals, packed up my house to move home, etc. they are the best.  Finally a week later, friday feb. 18 My sister and I came back home to so. utah, on the way home I thought that I had better get another doctor's appt just incase to check my vitals and make sure nothing else is wrong.  Well, I must have been inspired or something because I had more blood work done and the blood work did not report back pretty things.  It said that of course I have mono, and I have Jaundice (Which we already figured.  My skin and eyes are crazy yellow.) (gross).  But the blood work was suggesting that my gallbladder was infected, or something was wrong with it, and then my liver was of course not doing well (Hence Jaundice) and then also my Billy-Reuban Count in my blood (Whatever that is) was also going up.  The doc told me to take it easy this weekend and to come back in on president's day to get more blood work done to see if I am able to leave the country.  I was POSITIVE that the blood work was going to clear on monday, especially because I had multiple priesthood blessings, people were praying and fasting...etc.  Of course things were going to work out.  But on monday, I got a call from the doctor saying that my count has gone up and would suggest me not leaving the country.  Big shock, right?  I thought so too.  I have cried my tears over it, but it is weird because I do feel "at peace", if you will, about the decision.  I am so overly disappointed about not going.  It was once in a lifetime thing!  But maybe I'll get another chance, someday.  I am making many-a-phone calls today, trying to cancel my plane ticket, and get my money back.  There are a lot of high up people in the department of Elementary Education and Study Abroad Office that are going to be  only talking about me this morning, trying to figure out my situation.  I am so disappointed.  But it is okay.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there and I hope you get feeling better. That's hard to be so sick and then to have things not work out like that because of being so sick. But that peaceful feeling is worth everything.